Office of Accessibility Services
- Services Offered
- Accommodations Available
- Contact Us
- Opportunities at OAS
- Documentation of Disability
Information for Finals
(scroll to the middle)
Persons eligible for academic accommodations must have a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act and be enrolled in one or more hours of study in UCM courses.
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 provides for equal opportunity to persons with disabilities. Both ADA and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act define an individual with a disability as a person:
1. Who has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, or
2. Who has a record of such impairment, or
3. Who is regarded as having such impairment.
4. If a disability exists, reasonable appropriate accommodations are determined to create equal opportunity,