- Student Success Center
- Writing Center
- Learning Center
- TRIO Programs
- TRIO-Student Support Services (SSS)
- TRIO-McNair Scholars Program
- Summer Suspension Waiver Program
- Scholarship Applications
- Faculty & Staff
Research Mentor Duties
Research Mentors (RM) -- The Research Mentor completes the McNair Mentoring Team. In the spring, the Research Mentor will help his/her student write a proposal to compete for one of the fourteen summer research internships.The Research Mentor will closely supervise the project during the summer and will co-publish the results with his/her student.
Purpose: to oversee the student’s research experiences on a daily/weekly basis.
- to attend the annual Mentors’ Orientation training.
- to meet with the student, mentoring team, and program officials, as requested.
- to help the student plan a major research project for a summer internship competition.
- to supervise the major research project if the student is selected for the internship, including consultation relating to project planning, data collection, experimentation, analysis, document writing and publication.
- to co-author the resulting research paper with the student.
- to help the student arrange an opportunity to present the research findings at a professional conference or in the classroom.
- to attend the on-campus McNair Symposium and, if possible, the Recognition Ceremony.
- to complete requested paperwork in a timely manner.