- First Year Experience (FYE)
- Student Success Center
- Writing Center
- TRIO Programs
- TRIO-Student Support Services (SSS)
- TRIO-McNair Scholars Program
- Scholarship Applications
- Faculty & Staff
TRIO-SSS College Success Strategies Course
College Success Strategies (CSS) 1 semester hour
College Success Strategies is the quintessential TRIO class.
Have you ever---
- felt out of place in college?
- considered transfering at the end of the semester?
- worried you didn't have enough money or support for college?
- regretted some personal choices you've made as student?
- struggled to communicate well with professors or staff?
- doubted whether or not you would graduate?
You aren't alone. College Success Strategies can show you how to take responsibility for your success at UCM. Do more than survive---THRIVE.
AE 1125 - CSS challenges students to examine the behaviors, attitudes, and beliefs that impact their college success. In this class you will discover:
- why some students graduate and others do not
- how to take control of your life despite unexpected obstacles
- strategies to communicate effectively with all types of individuals
- how to develop a career mentality
- how to find your "fit" at UCM
- how to navigate the hidden expectations of college
- a unique approach to problem solving that is proven to increase your chances of graduation
For exact descriptions, go to the latest Undergraduate Catalog.