Distinguished Alumni Award
Since 1978, the UCM Alumni Association has honored alumni considered esteemed by their peers as the “brightest and most distinguished” in their field. They have been nominated by their friends, associates and former professors to receive the award. You, too, can nominate someone.
For the highest award the association gives, recipients:
- Must have obtained an undergraduate or graduate degree from UCM
- Must have achieved career distinction as evidenced by peer recommendations and letters of support
- Must be of integrity, stature, demonstrated ability and renown, instilling pride in their fellow UCM classmates, faculty and students
- Must through deed and action, reflect and recognize the importance of their education and bring honor to UCM
- Must demonstrate leadership and service to professional organizations, community, church, etc; affiliation with national, state, and/or local organizations; national, state and/or local awards
- Must be able to attend the awards presentation, traditionally held at homecoming
- Must not be serving on the UCM Alumni Board of Directors, hold any office in the UCM Alumni Association, be a member of the university’s Board of Governors, be a current faculty member or employee of UCM, or be an incumbent state official when the Selection Committee meets to consider nominations
If you know of alumni deserving of such recognition, please nominate them using our convenient online forms below.