Distinguished International Alumni Award
As a world-class institution of higher education, The University of Central Missouri is proud of its long history of educating exceptional students from around the globe. Established in 2002, this award recognizes the university’s distinguished international alumni who attended UCM as international students and have achieved professional distinction, either internationally or nationally and who exemplify the strength of their education at UCM.
They have been nominated by their friends, associates and former professors to receive the award. You, too, can nominate someone.
For the highest international award the association gives, recipients:
- Must have obtained an undergraduate or graduate degree from UCM as an international student
- Must have achieved career distinction on an international level as evidenced by peer recommendations and letters of support
- Must be of integrity, stature, demonstrated ability and renown, instilling pride in their fellow UCM classmates, faculty and students
- Must through deed and action, reflect and recognize the importance of their education and bring honor to UCM
- Must demonstrate leadership and service to professional organizations, community, church, etc; affiliation with national, state, and/or local organizations; national, state and/or local awards
- Must be able to attend the awards presentation, traditionally held at homecoming
- Must not be a member of the Alumni Board of Directors, hold any office in the UCM Alumni Association, or be a member of the Board of Governors when the Selection Committee meets to consider nominations
If you know of alumni deserving of such recognition, please nominate them using our convenient online forms below.