Distinguished Alumni Award for Service
The University of Central Missouri Alumni Association is proud to announce our newest honor, the Distinguished Alumni Award for Service. Established in 2012, recipients of this award have given generously of their time, talent and resources to enhance the university, their community, or both and are a true inspiration to all UCM alumni.
For the highest service award the association gives, recipients:
- Must have obtained an undergraduate or graduate degree from UCM
- Meritorious service reflects a contribution of time, talent, or resources that enhance UCM or their community
- Must be of integrity, stature, demonstrated ability and renown, instilling pride in their fellow UCM classmates, faculty and students
- Must through deed and action, reflect and recognize the importance of their education and bring honor to UCM
- Must demonstrate leadership and service to professional organizations, community, church, etc; affiliation with national, state, and/or local organizations; national, state and/or local awards
- Must be able to attend the awards presentation, traditionally held at homecoming
- Must not be serving on the UCM Alumni Board of Directors, hold any office in the UCM Alumni Association, be a member of the university’s Board of Governors, be a current faculty member or employee of UCM, or be an incumbent state official when the Selection Committee meets to consider nominations
If you know of alumni deserving of such recognition, please nominate them using our convenient online forms below.