Submit an Event
Guidelines for Submitting Events
UCM's calendar of events is intended to provide complete
information regarding UCM events to the campus community and the general
public, and will serve as the single source for all university web
By centralizing the process, all university units will
have access to identical information, streamlining information flow and
ensuring consistent use of content. Because of that, content accuracy should
also be improved. Readers will be able to search for event information or
browse events using a variety of categories.
- Only events associated with UCM, its colleges,
departments, approved programs or recognized/bona fide organizations are eligible for inclusion.
- Calendar submissions should be event-oriented rather
than news items.
- Reminders and other follow-up submissions are not
- Events must affect more than just the members of an
- Web addresses for events should be specific to that event and not just a link to
an office or department home page. The sponsoring organization's
web address is already displayed by default so it is not
necessary to repeat that address.
- Only UCM faculty and staff can post events to the university calendar.