"What Can I Do With a Major in...Digital Media Production?"
Why Major in Digital Media Production?
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Digital Media Production will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Successfully convey ideas through the written and spoken word, and through various forms of digital media.
- Synthesize classroom instruction and initiate the exploration, development, and execution of projects that build professional experience.
- Apply knowledge of emerging technology and social media in the creation and distribution of media.
- Apply an in-depth understanding of the ethical principles that guide the students chosen profession.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of digital media law to produce content that is legal and promotes the principles of freedom of expression.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the area of Live Studio and Remote Production, Audio, Digital Cinema or
- Proficiency in the Live Studio and Remote Production concentration means the student can successfully complete each step in the production process, from conception through distribution, using both field and studio techniques.
- Proficiency in the Audio production concentration means the student can manipulate sound to perform and produce audio programming, and apply promotion techniques for audio distribution outlets.
- Proficiency in the Digital Cinema concentration means the student can work within the parameters of narrative or documentary production process, as well as analyze and critique film.
- Proficiency in the Digital Journalism production concentration means the student can generate news stories, images, and features for print, broadcast, and Web using appropriate style, design, and editing techniques.
Related Career Titles
|Actor||Evening Talent||Newspaper Reporter|
|Advertising Representative||Executive Editor||On-line Editor|
|Advice Columnist||Feature Writer||On-line Journalist|
|Advice Columnist||Freelance Writer||Operations Manager|
|Afternoon Drive Talent||Film Critic||Operator/Technician|
|Announcer||Film Director||Page/Layout Designer|
|Assignment Editor||Film Editor||Producer|
|Assistant Managing Editor||Film Producer||Production Assistant|
|Audio Engineer||Floor Director||Production Manager|
|Audiovisual Consultant||General Manager||Program Director|
|Audiovisual Technician||General Assignment Reporter||Promotion/Publicity Director|
|Board Operator||Graphics Editor||Publisher|
|Broadcaster||Graphics Technician||Public Information Officer|
|Business Communications||Grip||Public Relations Officer|
|Beat Reporter||Headline Writer||Radio Personality|
|Camera Operator||Independent Filmmaker||Sales Manager|
|Copy Writer||Investigative Reporter||Sound and Special Effects|
|Chief Engineer||Lawyer||Sound Editor/Designer|
|Cinematographer||Late Night Talent||Sound Engineer|
|City Editor||Lifestyle Reporter||Sportscaster|
|Composer||Lighting Technician||Sports Reporter|
|Copy Editor||Makeup/Hair/Wardrobe Worker||Station Manager|
|Copywriter||Magazine Editor||Story Editor|
|Correspondent||Managing Editor||Technical Director|
|Critic||Marketing Editor||Television Producer|
|Director||Media Consultant||Traffic Manager|
|Disc Jockey||Midday Talent||Videographer|
|Editor||Morning Drive Producer||Visual Effects Specialist|
|Editorial Cartoonist||News Analyst||Writer|
|Editorial Writer||News Editor|
|Electrical/Lighting/ Sound Worker||News Director|
Related Job Listings/Job Search Website
Four-Year Academic Plan
The career paths listed are those which are commonly associated with this area of study and in no way does this site attempt to suggest that these are all of the career paths possible. Some of the career paths listed may require additional education, training, development, licenses and/or certifications. Listings of resources such as job listings, web links, professional organizations, library publications, and other information found on this page are believed to be accurate and true at the time published. The "What Can I Do With A Major In..." database is reviewed and updated every year in July. While no list is truly exhaustive, if you feel something should be added, deleted, changed or updated on this page, please contact the Career Services Center by e-mail at email@example.com and an out-of-cycle change will be completed.
Who Can Help Me?
Career Development Coordinator