"What Can I Do With a Major in...Earth Science?"
Bachelor of Arts Degree
Bachelor of Science in Education Degree
The graduate with a Bachelor degree in Earth Science will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Collect, analyze and apply information to solve problems.
- Use various laboratory techniques and/or instruments with understanding, accuracy, precision and safety. (technology)
- Use the language and concepts of earth science to communicate effectively in oral and written form, to follow instructions precisely and to function in independent and collaborative settings.
- Exhibit the ethical use of knowledge, materials and procedures that demonstrates an impact on society.
- Think logically within an earth science framework and be receptive to new ideas and concepts.
Related Career Titles
Related Job Listings/ Job Search Website
American Academy of Environmental Engineers
American Geological Institute
American Institute of Hydrology
Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists & Geophysicist of Alberta Canada
The Geological Society of America
Pre-Law Student Association (UCM)
Four-Year Academic Plan
Career Library Resources
Careers in Focus - Earth Science
Careers in Focus - Agriculture
Careers in Law
Curriculum Vitae Handbook
The Complete Guide to Environmental Careers in the 21st Century
Developing Professional Vita or Resume
Graduate Programs in the Physical Sciences, Math, Agricultural Science, and the Environment
How to Write a Winning Professional Statement
Law School Buzz Book
Opportunities in Environmental Careers
Opportunities in Marine and Maritime Careers
Resumes for Science Careers
Sunshine Jobs: Career Opportunities Working Outdoors
The PhD Process
The career paths listed are those which are commonly associated with this area of study and in no way does this site attempt to suggest that these are all of the career paths possible. Some of the career paths listed may require additional education, training, development, licenses and/or certifications. Listings of resources such as job listings, web links, professional organizations, library publications, and other information found on this page are believed to be accurate and true at the time published. The "What Can I Do With A Major In..." database is reviewed and updated every year in July. While no list is truly exhaustive, if you feel something should be added, deleted, changed or updated on this page, please contact the Office of Career Services by e-mail at email@example.com and an out-of-cycle change will be completed.
Who Can Help Me
Senior Career Development Coordinator