"What Can I Do With a Major in...Modern Languages?"
Why Major in Modern Languages?
Bachelor of Arts Degree
Bachelor of Science in Education Degree
The graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in Modern Languages will use the knowledge and skills in the program to:
- Use the target language orally and in writing in a variety of informal and formal situations.
- Comprehend a variety of authentic materials in the target language for personal and/or professional use Demonstrate knowledge of linguistic elements, pronunciation and intonation, grammar, forms of discourse, and vocabulary to satisfy a variety of everyday tasks.
- Engage in socially appropriate forms of communication.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the target cultures in their geographical and historical contexts, including perspectives, practices and products.
- Additionally, students pursuing the Education Concentration within the Professional Application Area will use the knowledge and skills gained in the program to: Teach essential elements of the target language at elementary and/or secondary school levels.
Related Career Titles
|Academic Exchange Specialist||International Consultant|
|Border Patrol Agent||International Hotel Administrator|
|Coordinator of International Students||International Marketing Director|
|Customer Service Manager||International Radio Broadcaster|
|Diplomat||International Trade Specialist|
|Economic Developer (Peace Corps)||International Visitor Exchange Specialist|
|Financial Planner||Passport Examiner|
|Foreign Affairs Specialist||Pharmaceutical Representative|
|Foreign Student Advisor||Professor/Educator|
|Immigration Inspector||Special Agent|
|Import/Export Coordinator||Tour Director|
|International Account Manager||Translator|
|International Banking Officer||Travel Agent|
|International Conference Planner||Writer/Editor|
Related Job Listings/Job Search Website
|Spanish, Bilingual Jobs|
|Two Lingos Jobs|
Four-Year Academic Plan
Modern Languages: Option 1:Language and Culture
Modern Languages: Option 2: Professional Applications, Marketing Concentration
Modern Languages: Option 2: Professional Applications, Criminal Justice Concentration
Modern Languages: Option 2: Professional Applications, Hospitality Management Concentration
Modern Languages: Option 2: Professional Applications, Public Relations Concentration
Modern Languages: Option 2: Professional Applications, Education Concentration
The career paths listed are those which are commonly associated with this area of study and in no way does this site attempt to suggest that these are all of the career paths possible. Some of the career paths listed may require additional education, training, development, licenses and/or certifications. Listings of resources such as job listings, web links, professional organizations, library publications, and other information found on this page are believed to be accurate and true at the time published. The "What Can I Do With A Major In..." database is reviewed and updated every year in July. While no list is truly exhaustive, if you feel something should be added, deleted, changed or updated on this page, please contact the Career Services Center by e-mail at email@example.com and an out-of-cycle change will be completed.
Who Can Help Me?
Career Development Coordinator