"What Can I Do With a Major in...Agriculture-Science?"
Why Major in Agriculture-Science?
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture-Science will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Use language and concepts of agricultural Science effectively in written and oral communications.
- Demonstrate computer literacy.
- Demonstrate an understanding of theories and principles of economics and agri-science appropriate to the agri-science firm.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic practices and theory of agricultural production (agricultural literacy.)
- Provide evidence of an international-global perspective of agriculture.
- Demonstrate appropriate and effective social interactions.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze situations and solve problems in an agribusiness context.
- Demonstrate knowledge of how national and international policies impacting agriculture are developed.
Related Career Titles
*For further information, the following career titles may be used as keywords in
ONET’s “Occupation Quick Search” bar.
|Ag Business Technician||Loan Manager|
|Commodity Trader||Marketing Specialist|
|Consultant||Public Relations Specialist|
|Credit Analysis||Quality Control Technician|
|Farm Manager||Records Technician|
|Field Service Technician||Retail/Wholesale Salesperson|
|Finance/Banking||Risk Management Consultant|
|Foreign Service Worker||Sales Managers|
Related Job Listing/Job Search Web Sites
Ag Career Spotter
NationJob Network - Agriculture Biotech Chemical Jobs
USM Jobs within Agriculture
California State University, Chico - Agriculture Jobs
UCM Student Organizations
Agriculture Ambassadors (UCM)
Agriculture Club (UCM)
Delta Tau Alpha Honor Society (UCM)
Collegiate Farm Bureau (UCM)
Horticulture Club (UCM)
Four-Year Academic Plan
The career paths listed are those which are commonly associated with this area of study and in no way does this site attempt to suggest that these are all of the career paths possible. Some of the career paths listed may require additional education, training, development, licenses and/or certifications. Listings of resources such as job listings, web links, professional organizations, library publications, and other information found on this page are believed to be accurate and true at the time published. The "What Can I Do With A Major In..." database is reviewed and updated every year in July. While no list is truly exhaustive, if you feel something should be added, deleted, changed or updated on this page, please contact the Career Services Center by e-mail at email@example.com and an out-of-cycle change will be completed.
Who Can Help Me?
Career Development Coordinator