"What Can I Do With a Major in...Finance?"
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree in Finance will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Take the initiative in identifying and pursuing opportunities for financial growth or improvement.
- Accurately use theoretical frameworks to analyze, solve, evaluate, and implement financial decisions in a systematic manner.
- Recognize international issues when evaluating/implementing financial decisions.
- Effectively communicate analyses/decisions to a wide variety of audiences, in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize and apply maximization principle: Maximize value of the firm/shareholders' wealth.
- Examine risk and return impacts of the firm's investment and financial decisions.
- Make sound financial decisions, using fundamental financial economic models, in a systematic manner.
- Recognize function of international financial markets.
- Comprehend role of financial intermediation.
- Appreciate legal and ethical considerations.
Related Career Titles
Related Job Listings/ Job Search Website
American Bankers Association
Careers in Finance
Career Management International
Robert Half Finance and Accounting
U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Accounting and Finance Benchmarking Consortium
American Finance Association (AFA)
Association for Financial Professionals
Beta Alpha Psi (UCM)
Delta Epsilon Chi (UCM)
Delta Sigma Pi (UCM)
Financial Management Association International
Government Finance Officers Associations
IT Financial Management Associations
Phi Beta Lambda (UCM)
Southern Financial Exchange
Students in Free Enterprise (UCM)
Student Finance Assocation (UCM)
Four-Year Academic Plan
Career Library Resources
Careers in Focus - Business Managers
Great Jobs for Business Majors
How to Sell Yourself
Negotiating Your Salary & Perks: Wetfeet Insider Guide
Opportunities in International Business
Opportunities in Banking Careers
Opportunities in Financial Careers
Opportunities in Overseas Careers
Opportunities in Purchasing Careers
Opportunities in Real Estate Careers
Opportunities in Retailing Careers
Opportunities in Sales Careers
Opportunities in Telecommunications Careers
Opportunities in Training & Development Careers
Opportunities in Waste Management Careers
Opportunities in Your Own Service Business
Top Careers for Business Graduates
Career Opportunities in Banking, Finance, and Insurance
Top Careers for Economics Graduates
The career paths listed are those which are commonly associated with this area of study and in no way does this site attempt to suggest that these are all of the career paths possible. Some of the career paths listed may require additional education, training, development, licenses and/or certifications. Listings of resources such as job listings, web links, professional organizations, library publications, and other information found on this page are believed to be accurate and true at the time published. The "What Can I Do With A Major In..." database is reviewed and updated every year in July. While no list is truly exhaustive, if you feel something should be added, deleted, changed or updated on this page, please contact the Office of Career Services by e-mail at email@example.com and an out-of-cycle change will be completed.
Who Can Help Me
Career Development Coordinator