"What Can I Do With a Major in...Finance?"
Why Major in Finance?
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree in Finance will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Take the initiative in identifying and pursuing opportunities for financial growth or improvement.
- Accurately use theoretical frameworks to analyze, solve, evaluate, and implement financial decisions in a systematic manner.
- Recognize international issues when evaluating/implementing financial decisions.
- Effectively communicate analyses/decisions to a wide variety of audiences, in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize and apply maximization principle: Maximize value of the firm/shareholders' wealth.
- Examine risk and return impacts of the firm's investment and financial decisions.
- Make sound financial decisions, using fundamental financial economic models, in a systematic manner.
- Recognize function of international financial markets.
- Comprehend role of financial intermediation.
- Appreciate legal and ethical considerations.
Related Career Titles
|Analyst||Federal Reserve Analyst|
|Bank Officer||Financial Advisor|
|Banking Analyst||Financial Manager|
|Budget Analyst||Financial Planner|
|Business Manager||Financial Reporter|
|Capital Budgeting Manager||Financial Reporting Planner|
|Cash Manager||Floor Trader|
|Chief Executive Officer||Fundraiser|
|Chief Financial Officer||Institutional Broker|
|Claims Adjuster||Insurance Agent|
|Computer Programmer||Investor Relations|
|Consumer Advocate||Mortgage Broker|
|Controller||Mutual Fund Manager|
|Corporate Model Analyst||Options Trader|
|Corporate Reporter||Pension Fund Manager|
|Credit Manager||Stock Analyst|
Related Job Listings/Job Search Website
American Bankers Association
Careers in Finance
Career Management International
Robert Half Finance and Accounting
U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Accounting and Finance Benchmarking Consortium
American Finance Association (AFA)
Association for Financial Professionals
Beta Alpha Psi (UCM)
Delta Epsilon Chi (UCM)
Delta Sigma Pi (UCM)
Financial Management Association International
Government Finance Officers Associations
IT Financial Management Associations
Phi Beta Lambda (UCM)
Southern Financial Exchange
Students in Free Enterprise (UCM)
Student Finance Assocation (UCM)
Four-Year Academic Plan
The career paths listed are those which are commonly associated with this area of study and in no way does this site attempt to suggest that these are all of the career paths possible. Some of the career paths listed may require additional education, training, development, licenses and/or certifications. Listings of resources such as job listings, web links, professional organizations, library publications, and other information found on this page are believed to be accurate and true at the time published. The "What Can I Do With A Major In..." database is reviewed and updated every year in July. While no list is truly exhaustive, if you feel something should be added, deleted, changed or updated on this page, please contact the Career Services Center by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and an out-of-cycle change will be completed.
Who Can Help Me?
Career Development Coordinator