"What Can I Do With a Major in...French?"
Bachelor of Arts Degree
Bachelor of Science Degree
Bachelor of Science in Education Degree
The graduate with a Bachelor degree in French will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Use the modern language of his/her major (French or Spanish) orally and in writing in a variety of informal and formal situations.
- Comprehend a variety of authentic materials in the modern language of his/her major (French or Spanish) for personal and/or professional use.
- Demonstrate knowledge of linguistic elements, pronunciation and intonation, grammar, forms of discourse, and vocabulary to satisfy a variety of everyday tasks.
- Engage in socially appropriate forms of communication
- Demonstrate an understanding of the target cultures in his/her geographical and historical contexts, including perspectives, practices, and products.
- Teach essential elements of modern language of his/her major (French or Spanish) at elementary and secondary school levels.
Related Career Titles
Academic Exchange Specialist
International Marketing Director
Related Job Listings/ Job Search Website
American Association of Language Specialists
American Association of Teachers of French
American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages
American Literary Translators Association
American Translators Association
Modern Language Association of America
National Association of Judicial Interpreters and Translators
Four-Year Academic Plan
Career Library Resources
Careers in Focus - Government
Careers in Focus - Travel and Hospitality
Opportunities in Foreign Language Careers
Opportunities in Government Careers
Opportunities in Overseas Careers
Opportunities in Travel Careers
Top Careers for Liberal Arts Graduates
Opportunities in International Business Careers
Great Jobs for Foreign Language Majors
The career paths listed are those which are commonly associated with this area of study and in no way does this site attempt to suggest that these are all of the career paths possible. Some of the career paths listed may require additional education, training, development, licenses and/or certifications. Listings of resources such as job listings, web links, professional organizations, library publications, and other information found on this page are believed to be accurate and true at the time published. The "What Can I Do With A Major In..." database is reviewed and updated every year in July. While no list is truly exhaustive, if you feel something should be added, deleted, changed or updated on this page, please contact the Office of Career Services by e-mail at email@example.com and an out-of-cycle change will be completed.
Who Can Help Me
Career Development Coordinator