"What Can I Do With a Major in...Music?"
Bachelor of Arts Degree
Bachelor of Music Degree
Bachelor of Music Education
The graduate with a Bachelor degree in Music will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Understand the basic elements and structures of music history, theory and performance literature.
- Understand music's relationship to the other arts and how the arts relate to mankind.
- Use technology in appropriate music applications.
- Communicate the intellectual (thinking), emotional, and aesthetic (valuing) qualities of music to a diverse society.
- Perform with appropriate tone, technique and musicality in his/her primary performance medium.
- Perform at the highest possible level in his/her primary performance medium.
- Articulate essential elements of music and music performance.
- Demonstrate functional piano performance skills.
Related Career Titles
Area 1: Jazz-Commercial Music
Area 3: Performance
Area 4: Piano Pedagogy
Related Job Listings/ Job Search Website
Acoustical Society of America
American Choral Directors Association
American Composers Alliance
American Guild of Musical Artists
American Music Therapy Association
American Federation of Musicians
American Society of Composers, Authors, Publishers
Americans for the Arts Jobs Banks
Music Industry Career Center
Music Jobs USA
Musicians About Inc.
Recording Industry Association of America
Women in Music
International Association of Jazz Educators (UCM)
International Tuba and Euphonium Association (UCM)
Music Industry & Recording Association (UCM)
National Association for Music Education (UCM)
Percussive Arts Society
Sigma Alpha Iota (UCM)
Four-Year Academic Plan
Career Library Resources
100 Careers in the Music Business
Careers for Music Lovers and Other Tuneful Types
Careers in Focus - Performing Arts
From B.A. to Payday: Launching Your Career After College
How to Get a Job in the Music and Recording Industry
Great Jobs for Liberal Arts Graduates
Great Jobs for Music Majors
Opportunities in Entertainment Careers
Opportunities in Music Careers
Top Careers for Liberal Arts Graduates
The career paths listed are those which are commonly associated with this area of study and in no way does this site attempt to suggest that these are all of the career paths possible. Some of the career paths listed may require additional education, training, development, licenses and/or certifications. Listings of resources such as job listings, web links, professional organizations, library publications, and other information found on this page are believed to be accurate and true at the time published. The "What Can I Do With A Major In..." database is reviewed and updated every year in July. While no list is truly exhaustive, if you feel something should be added, deleted, changed or updated on this page, please contact the Office of Career Services by e-mail at email@example.com and an out-of-cycle change will be completed.
Who Can Help Me
Career Development Coordinator