"What Can I Do With a Major in...Public Relations?"
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Public Relations will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Demonstrate public relations driven knowledge and understanding.
- Demonstrate written, oral and visual communication knowledge and application proficiency for public relations purposes.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision making proficiency relevant to public relations purposes.
- Demonstrate research knowledge and application proficiency for public relations purposes.
- Demonstrate strategic planning knowledge and application proficiency for public relations purposes.
- Demonstrate preparedness for professional life and/or further academic study.
Related Career Titles
Related Job Listings/ Job Search Website
All About Public Relations
American Marketing Association (UCM)
Delta Epsilon Chi (UCM)
Phi Beta Lambda (UCM)
Public Relations Student Society of America
Public Relations Student Society of America (UCM)
Public Relations Society of America
Students in Free Enterprise (UCM)
Four-Year Academic Plan
Career Library Resources
Career Opportunities in the Sports Industry, 2nd Edition
Careers in Advertising, 3rd Ed.
Developing a Career in Sports
Great Jobs for Liberal Arts Majors
Opportunities in Human Resource Management Careers
Opportunities in Public Relations Careers
Opportunities in Sports and Athletics Careers
Opportunities in Telecommunications Careers
Opportunities in Training and Development Careers
The Guide to Career in Sports
Top Careers for Liberal Arts Graduates
The career paths listed are those which are commonly associated with this area of study and in no way does this site attempt to suggest that these are all of the career paths possible. Some of the career paths listed may require additional education, training, development, licenses and/or certifications. Listings of resources such as job listings, web links, professional organizations, library publications, and other information found on this page are believed to be accurate and true at the time published. The "What Can I Do With A Major In..." database is reviewed and updated every year in July. While no list is truly exhaustive, if you feel something should be added, deleted, changed or updated on this page, please contact the Office of Career Services by e-mail at email@example.com and an out-of-cycle change will be completed.
Who Can Help Me
Career Development Coordinator