"What Can I Do With a Major in...Theatre?"
Bachelor of Arts Degree
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree
The graduate with a Bachelor degree in Theatre will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Communicate and collaborate effectively in the interactive and creative process of theatre.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the historical, cultural, and stylistic dimensions of drama and theatre.
- Utilize critical thinking skills in order to analyze and interpret a script for the purpose of developing a concept and systematic plan for the production of a play.
- Form, communicate, and defend value judgments about quality and aesthetics in works of theatre.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in the areas of acting and directing in order to create and present theatrical performances.
- Demonstrate a basic proficiency in the areas of theatre design and technology in order to create and present theatrical productions.
- Technical direct and direct one-act plays for public performance and successfully fulfill significant production assignments in the department's mainstage and/or children's theatre series.
Related Career Titles
Related Job Listings/ Job Search Website
The Association for Theatre in Higher Education
Kansas City Renaissance Festival
Theatre Communications Group
Worlds of Fun
Actors Equity Association
American Alliance for Theater and Education
American Association of Community Theatre
American Dance Guild
Costume Society of America
Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival
Screen Actors Guild
Stage Directors and Choreographers Society
Stage Managers Association
Theta Alpha Phi (UCM)
United States Institute for Theatre Technology
Four-Year Academic Plan
Career Library Resources
100 Careers in Film and Television 2003
The Actor's Survial Guide
Career Coach Managing Your Career in Theater and the Performing Arts
Careers in Focus - Performing Arts
From B.A. to Payday: Launching Your Career After College
Great Jobs for Theatre Majors
Opportunities in Acting Careers
Opportunities in Entertainment Careers
Opportunities in Film Careers
Regional Theatre Directory 08-09
VAULT - Media and Entertainment
The career paths listed are those which are commonly associated with this area of study and in no way does this site attempt to suggest that these are all of the career paths possible. Some of the career paths listed may require additional education, training, development, licenses and/or certifications. Listings of resources such as job listings, web links, professional organizations, library publications, and other information found on this page are believed to be accurate and true at the time published. The "What Can I Do With A Major In..." database is reviewed and updated every year in July. While no list is truly exhaustive, if you feel something should be added, deleted, changed or updated on this page, please contact the Office of Career Services by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and an out-of-cycle change will be completed.
Who Can Help Me
Career Development Coordinator