"What Can I Do With a Major in...Accountancy?"
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree in Accountancy will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Read, listen, write, and speak at the level expected of a beginning accountant.
- Locate, obtain, and organize financial information.
- Identify and solve unstructured problems in a business setting.
- Work in groups and provide leadership.
- Integrate general knowledge of the flow of ideas and events in history, cultural differences, socio-political forces, mathematics, aesthetics, and economics into his/her everyday decisions.
- Understand organizations and how they change.
- Recognize the roles that technology and international commerce play in today's business environment.
- Use the common body of accounting knowledge to solve real-world accounting problems.
- Participate in the accounting profession and make value-based judgments in his/her business and professional lives.
Related Career Titles:
*For further information, the following career titles may be used as keywords in FOCUS' "Search by Occupation Name," or a general search engine.
Occupational Research Websites:
Related Job Listing/Job Search Web Sites:
Central Career Network
Careers in Business, LLC
U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Accounting Job Site
Accountancy Student Organization (UCM)
American Accounting Association
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Beta Alpha Psi (UCM)
Delta Epsilon Chi (UCM)
Delta Sigma Pi (UCM)
Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA)
National Society of Accountants
Phi Beta Lambda (UCM)
Students in Free Enterprise (UCM)
Four-Year Academic Plan:
Accountancy: B.S.B.A. degree
Career Library Resources:
Careers in Focus - Business Managers
Career Opportunities in Banking, Finance, and Insurance
Great Jobs for Accounting Majors
Great Jobs for Business Majors
How to Sell Yourself
Negotiating Your Salary Perks: Wetfeet Insider Guide
Opportunities in Accounting
Opportunities in International Business Careers
Opportunities in Overseas Careers
Opportunities in Purchasing Careers
Opportunities in Real Estate Careers
Opportunities in Sales Careers
Opportunities in Telecommunications Careers
Opportunities in Your Own Service Business
Top Careers for Business Graduates
The career paths listed are those which are commonly associated with this area of study and in no way does this site attempt to suggest that these are all of the career paths possible. Some of the career paths listed may require additional education, training, development, licenses and/or certifications. Listings of resources such as job listings, web links, professional organizations, library publications, and other information found on this page are believed to be accurate and true at the time published. While no list is truly exhaustive, if you believe something ought to be added, deleted, changed, or updated on this page, please contact the Office of Career Services by email at email@example.com.
Who Can Help Me?
Career Development Coordinator