The Johnson County Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) is a community-wide initiative seeking to build communication and collaboration between agencies serving sexual assault survivors. The SART initiative is a survivor-centered project designed to provide a collaborative, interdisciplinary team response to sexual assault. The mission of the SART project is to provide services that ensure a transition from victim to survivor for every individual whose life is impacted by sexual violence.
The Johnson County SART meets monthly with Johnson County Coordinated Community Response, a team devoted to issues of domestic violence. Together, these groups are working to assist individuals affected by these issues.
Members include individuals represented from the following offices, agencies and organizations:
- Holden Police Department
- Johnson County Civil Court
- Johnson County Community Health Services
- Johnson County Domestic Violence Task Force
- Johnson County Prosecutor's Office
- Johnson County Sheriff's Department
- Knob Noster Police Department
- Legal Aid of Western Missouri
- Missouri Board of Probation & Parole, District #5
- Northland Dependency
- Pathways CBC, Inc.
- Warrensburg Southeast Elementary School
- Survival Adult Abuse Center, Inc.
- UCM Counseling & Psychological Services & Lighthouse Services
- UCM Counselor Education Program
- UCM Criminal Justice Department
- UCM Public Safety
- UCM Student Affairs
- UCM University Health Services
- UCM University Relations
- UCM Office of Violence & Substance Abuse Prevention
- Warrensburg Police Department
- Western Missouri Medical Center
- Whiteman Air Force Base Family Advocacy Office
- Whiteman Air Force Base Sexual Assault Response Office
- Whiteman Air Force Base Office of Special Investigations