Student Teaching & Certification
- Admission to Teacher Education
- Educator Profile DESE
- Initial Application Instructions
- Professional Education Courses
- Field Experience Observation Credit Form
- School District Classification List
- Fingerprinting / Background Check
- Areas of Educator Certification
- Alternative Pathways to Certification
- Student Teaching
- Substitute Certificate Instructions
- Praxis II Tests
- Meet Our Staff
Student Teaching and Certification
Candidates for the Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Science in Education, and Bachelor of Music Education degrees, who want to obtain an initial teaching certificate must be admitted to the teacher education program. Students should review all the policies and requirements in the current catalog. Post-baccalaureate students should contact Clinical Services and Certification to clarify admission requirements.
Admission to the teacher education program is required before enrolling in courses identified in the undergraduate catalog as Professional Education Requirements and courses identified by departments representing the major area of study in the preparation for teaching.
Admission to Teacher Education effective Fall 2013 Undergraduate Catalog:
- Apply for admission, admission to teacher education program, and create educator profile through DESE website.
- Complete a minimum of 36 semester hours of college credit
- Achieve a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher, content GPA of 3.0 or higher, Professional Education GPA of 3.0 or higher with no grade lower than a C.
- Completion of the following courses with a grade of "C" or higher:
A. EDFL 2100 Foundations of Education
B. FLDX 2150 Introductory Field Experience
C. EDFL 2240 Educational Psychology
- Obtain departmental recommendation for admission to your major program (which may include additional program-specific requirements).
- Pass a background check through the approved DESE agent.
- Pass the Missouri General Education Assessment (MoGEA) administered by Testing Services. (Undergraduates only - Post-Baccalaureate students are exempt.)
- Complete the Professional Competency Profile (MEP) -- www.mo.nesinc.com.