Student Teaching & Certification
- Admission to Teacher Education
- Educator Profile DESE
- Initial Application Instructions
- Professional Education Courses
- Field Experience Observation Credit Form
- School District Classification List
- Fingerprinting / Background Check
- Areas of Educator Certification
- Alternative Pathways to Certification
- Student Teaching
- Substitute Certificate Instructions
- Praxis II Tests
- Meet Our Staff
Application and Admission to Alternative Pathways to Certification
The following requirements must be completed to be admitted to alternative pathways to certification:
1. Apply for admission to alternative pathways to certification, submit official or copies of official transcripts, and transcript evaluation fee.
2. Meet with the Director, Clinical Services and Certification, to discuss options for certification
3. Develop an official certification requirement plan through the Clinical Services and Certification
4. Submit a clear background check to Clinical Services and Certification
Alternative pathways to certification candidates may be required to complete another background check as part of the classes listed on their certification requirement plan.
Applications for admission to alternative pathways are accepted at any time. However, applications, transcripts, and evaluations fees received after the following deadlines may not be processed in time for enrollment in the desired semester.
If you wish to enroll for the fall semester, your application, transcripts, and evaluation fee must be received prior to July 1st to allow time for the admission process to be completed.
If you wish to enroll for the spring semester, your application, transcripts, and evaluation fee must be received prior to November 1st to allow time for the admission process to be completed.
If you wish to enroll for the summer semester, your application, transcripts, and evaluation must be received prior to March 1st to allow time for the admission process to be completed.
Transcript Evaluation Process
Candidates will be asked to submit official transcripts or copies of official transcripts showing their degree as granted and the $35 transcript evaluation fee, payable to UCM Clinical Services and Certification, to begin the transcript evaluation process. The transcript evaluation fee is $25 for University of Central Missouri alumni. The transcripts and the transcript evaluation fee should be mailed to Clinical Services and Certification, Lovinger 2170, University of Central Missouri, Warrensburg, MO 64093.
Candidates' transcripts are evaluated in accordance with the educator certification requirements of the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and University of Central Missouri. After candidates' transcripts are evaluated, they are submitted to the appropriate academic department(s) for additional evaluation(s). The entire evaluation process takes approximately 2-3 weeks.
After the transcripts have been evaluated, candidates are contacted to schedule a meeting with the Director of Clinical Services and Certification to discuss the certification options specific to their educator certification goals.
Admission to The Graduate School and Enrollment
Complete an application and the admission requirements listed on The Graduate School website. You will receive notification by email when you have been admitted to University of Central Missouri's Graduate Studies. You will not be able to enroll in classes listed on your certification requirement plan until you are admitted to alternative pathways to certification.
Alternative Pathways to Certification
Clinical Services and Certification