Student Teaching & Certification
Creating an Educator Profile for Certification
Please Note: If you applied for a substitute certificate through DESE Web Applications, you already created an Educator Profile and do not need to complete the following directions.
- Go to the DESE website, https://k12apps.dese.mo.gov/webLogin/login.aspx
- Click "Register” and complete the information requested
- Click "Create User"
- Click "Continue"
- Enter user name and password, click "Log In"
- Under User Information, click “Educator Certification System – Request Educator Access”
- In the “pop up” window, complete the information requested and click “yes or submit”
- Under Office of Educator Quality, click "Educator Certification System"
- Click "Submit"
- Click "Close"
- Click "Educator Certification System" on the left side of the screen
- Enter your SSN and date of birth, click "Submit"
This will access the Educator Profile page
- Complete the information requested
- Click "Save Profile"
This will access the personal information section of the Educator Profile
- Click "Edit Contact Information", and then enter your information
- Click "Save"
- Log off (on left side of screen)
After creating your educator profile, write down your user name and password. You will use the same user name and password every time you need to access DESE’s Web Applications. 8-23-12