- International Admissions
- UG Online Degree Completion
- Accelerated Dual Degree
- Faculty and Staff
- CJ Highlights
Take a look at UCM's beautiful campus and facilities with our campus map & tour.
Undergraduate Online Degree Completion
The Department of Criminal Justice at the University of Central Missouri offers an online bachelor’s degree completion program so busy students can finish their degree without sacrificing quality or affordability.
The field of criminal justice is broad and encompasses many career paths. Our alumni are employed in numerous police and corrections agencies, as judges, attorneys, juvenile justice professionals, professors and chief administrators in all parts of the world.
Students choose this program because they desire flexibility and are determined to complete their education. To be successful in any criminal justice career students must be skilled in critical thinking, the ability to work in a team, and have strong written and verbal communication skills. Students enrolled in online classes gain these skills and receive the same quality instruction as students enrolled in classes on campus. In addition, students are given the tools needed to be successful in their search for employment upon graduation.
Degree requirements for the online degree completion program are exactly the same as those for on-campus students
Students seeking admission to the online degree completion program must meet the following requirements:
- Successfully apply and be admitted to the University of Central Missouri (be sure to click that you are interested in “online” education!)
- Have a transfer GPA of at least 2.5 and/or minimum ACT score of 21
- Complete the “Online Compatibility Assessment” at http://www.ucmo.edu/webapps/ready-to-learn/ (Save your scores, you will need them later in the application process!)
- Reside outside Johnson County, Missouri and/or
- Be a non-traditional student* and/or active duty military or veteran
- Take classes exclusively through UCM’s Extended Campus (online or at the Summit Center)
*Am I a non-traditional student? Are you:
- A single parent?
- Over 24 years old?
- Have a gap of more than 5 years since you graduated high school?
- A Veteran?
If you answered “yes” to one of these questions, you are considered a “non-traditional student!”
For more information contact Dr. Lynn Urban: email@example.com or by phone 666-543-4188