Career & Technology Education
Mission Statement and Goals
As the only comprehensive Career and Technology Education department at a Missouri University, the UCM Department of Career and Technology Education aspires to be a national role model in professional practice, recognized for distinguished academic programs, faculty, and staff; professional graduates; and relevant instructional facilities to meet stakeholder needs in an increasingly diverse, technological, and global society.
The Department of Career and Technology Education leads Missouri with a unique alliance of career education programs and prepares pre-service and in-service Career and Technology Educators to be lifelong learners who are reflective practitioners with the dispositions, professional knowledge, skills, and abilities for effective leadership and service to the education community. Additionally, the department provides vital services to the UCM community with an emphasis on preparing educators and other professionals for digital and technological literacy, technical communication skills, and integrative learning for creative thinking and problem solving.
Making a positive difference to students and graduates through education, research, and service.
The Department of Career and Technology Education faculty and staff will:
- Provide rigorous and relevant educationally-based curricula
- Participate in leadership opportunities in professional associations at the state, regional, national, and international levels.
- Conduct research for best practices in relevant areas of study
- Model excellence in teaching
- Provide professional development and training for educators and other professionals
- Provide technology-centered learning environments to support educational innovation
- Serve the campus community with vital life-long learning and problem solving skills