Center for Teaching & Learning
- Opportunities for Faculty Funding
- Faculty Development
- Central Technology Grants
- The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Committee
- Professional Enhancement Committee
- Meet the CTL Staff
Take a look at UCM's beautiful campus and facilities with our campus map & tour.
Administrative Committee's Official Charge
Technology Grants Committee
A. To advise and assist the Assistant Provost for Information Technology and Instruction in devising the policies of the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) to contribute to the achievement of the Statewide Mission in Academic Technology.
B. To develop criteria for CTL grants.
C. To evaluate proposals and suggest grant recipients to the Assistant Provost for Information Technology and Instruction, based upon the established grant criteria, the availability of funds, and the furtherance of the Statewide Mission.
D. To disseminate information regarding CTL activities and to inform the CTL of campus attitudes and concerns related to the CTL.
E. To provide advice when necessary to the good functioning of the CTL.
II. POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
Reports to the Provost.
A. Composition (8 to 12 members)
1. One faculty member from each voting unit
2. The Assistant Provost for Information Technology and Instruction (non-voting)
3. One member of the Support Staff
4. One member of the Professional Staff
5. One representative of the Student Government Association
6. Up to three additional members selected by the Assistant Provost on the basis of special knowledge or experience.
1. Faculty members from voting units nominated by the FS Committee on Committees and confirmed by the Faculty Senate
2. Assistant Provost for Information Technology and Instruction designated by the Provost (non-voting)
3. Support Staff member designated by the Support Staff Council
4. Professional Staff member designated by the Professional Staff Council
5. Student Government representative selected by the SGA
6. Additional members selected by the Director of the CTL
C. Selection of Chair
The Assistant Provost for Information Technology and Instruction shall serve as chair
D. Term of Service
1. Faculty and staff members: two years
2. Student member: one year
The committee chair is responsible for creating and maintaining a Procedures Manual, a copy to be kept in the Faculty Senate Office.
Updated from CAT to CTL