Interested in Dual Credit?
If you are a principal, counselor, or teacher, and you would like to learn more about UCM's Dual Credit Program, please contact us at 1-660-543-8718 or 1-877-SAY-UCMO (729-8266) ext. 23. If you are interested in the dual credit program at UCM and have further questions, we can schedule an informal meeting that will allow us to come to your school and meet with anyone interested in teaching dual credit.
Faculty Qualifications/Approval Process
High school teachers who meet specific educational requirements, with supervision by the University of Central Missouri’s faculty, teach the majority of dual credit courses. University faculty, teach additional courses using cutting-edge technology methods to reach schools outside the university. Check into our online courses and WeMET Consortium membership for details.
Any high school teacher who wishes to become an adjunct teacher in the dual credit program must:
- Have a master's degree in the discipline to be taught, or
- May be approved with a master's degree in another discipline, provided the teacher has a minimum of 18 graduate hours in the respective discipline.
To obtain approval as a dual credit teacher, one must submit the following credentials to the Dual Credit office for review by the appropriate academic department:
- Letter of intent indicating the course(s) for which teaching approval is requested
- Official transcript(s) from each school attended. UCM transcripts will be requested internally by the dual credit office when application is received.
- Teacher certificate
- 3 letters of recommendation (one from the principal, two others from colleague(s) and/or college professor(s))
Forward all required information to:
University of Central Missouri
Dual Credit Program
Attn: Andrea Wiggins
Warrensburg MO 64093
Applicants will be notified in writing of the department's decision. Please note that entire application process could take up to three weeks.