Elementary & Early Childhood
UCM Teacher Education Program Diversity Outcomes
The University of Central Missouri Teacher Education Program is committed to producing graduates sensitive to diversity issues. To this end the UCM Professional Education Faculty has approved the following set of outcomes:
- The professional respects the dignity and worth of each individual and believes that everyone can learn.
- The professional engages and works with diverse P-12 students to maximize learning.
- The professional understands how cultural differences influence interactions.
- The professional recognizes how relations between minority/majority populations affect educational equity.
- The professional understands the components of effective teaching and assessment that include global and multicultural perspectives.
- The professional engages all families as partners in the educational process and shares information pertaining to community resources.
- The professional continues development in multicultural competence.