Elementary & Early Childhood
The mission of the Department of Elementary & Early Childhood Education is to prepare individuals as professional educators who:
- serve an ever-changing, diverse population;
- support children, families, schools and communities;
- address global, technological and other present and future issues;
- are competent and knowledgeable about the concepts and principles of human development;
- model life long learning and best instructional practices; and
- initiate research and other scholarly activities.