Educational Leadership and Human Development
- Degree Programs
- Child and Family Development
- College Student Personnel Administration
- Counselor Education
- Library Science and Information Services
- School Administration
- Special Education
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Faculty and Staff
- About ELHD
“Oh! The places you will go!” Dr. Seuss declares.
Today is your day.
You’re off to Great Places
You’re off and away!
We’ve offered online courses since the 1990s, but we required a few on-campus meetings. Beginning Fall of 2011, all of our courses went online. This means no more driving “for miles across weirdish wild space.” Wherever you are, you can make it to class.
We deliver courses via Blackboard. Our faculty enhance that online experience with a variety of engaging assignments and activities. As a student in an online class, you may participate in online discussions, access digital resources through the university library, dabble with a variety of Web 2.0 technologies, and collaborate with fellow students.
“You’re on your own, but you’re not alone.”
You can make a quick call on the video phone!
Our classes are enhanced with many social supports. Students participate in weekly discussions, share resources, ask each other questions, and learn together. In several classes faculty incorporate real-time communications via Skype or another online tool.
Online classes at UCM offer
- Courses that satisfy DESE requirements for school library media certification
- Assignments that help you develop outstanding technology skills
- Opportunities that help you build a network of online colleagues
- Online learning that is resource-rich and student-centered
- Course syllabus and materials that are available 24/7
- Student interaction that takes place on numerous levels: synchronous, asynchronous, written, spoken, audio, and visual
- Learning strategies that allow all students to participate, not just those who talk the fastest
- Class assignments and project work that are done in the time frames that best suit your work and life schedule
“You’ll join the high fliers who soar to high heights.” Logon from your couch in your pajamas at night!
Questions? Contact Dr. Patricia Antrim for more information.
Dr. Patricia Antrim
Coordinator, Library Science & Information Services
University of Central Missouri
Warrensburg, MO 64093
LIS Quick Links