English & Philosophy
- General Information for Students
- English and Philosophy Majors & Minors
- Faculty & Staff
- Master of Arts in English
- Master of Arts in TESL
- TESL Handbook
- Minor in Creative Writing
- Guide for English Majors
- Visiting Writers Series
- Program Coordinators
Welcome from the chair
Welcome to the University of Central Missouri's Department of English and Philosophy. Whether you are majoring in English or Philosophy or earning a minor in English, creative writing, or philosophy, you can be assured that department faculty and staff will be actively involved in your academic success.
Key among the people who can assist you are our program coordinators:
- Dr. Benjamin Johnson: the B.A. in English
- Dr. Russell Greinke: the B.S. in Ed. in English
- Dr. Kenneth Cust: the B.A. in Philosophy
- Mr. Phong Nguyen: creative writing
- Dr. Joshua Taft: the M.A. in English
- Dr. Cheryl Eason: the M.A. in TESL
Feel free to ask these professors for guidance, including clarification of and/or elaboration on the information. presented in this guide. Work closely with your B.A. or B.S.E. advisor when planning your course schedule. He or she will happily help you efficiently plan your semester schedule and your program of study.
This guide is a collection of information and advice that you may need or find useful as an English major. It is not intended as a book of rules and regulations but simply as a handy reference on various points that may be of concern as you pursue your course of study. It does not replace the Undergraduate Catalog or the yearly Planner/Handbook (calendar), although it may repeat some information from these sources. Look it over to see what it covers, and keep it handy and refer to it when you need to.
You have my best wishes.
Dr. Daniel Schierenbeck