- UCM Celebrates the Opening of the New Fitzgerald Dining Center »
- UCM Seeks 50,000-mile Goal in Governor’s “100 Missouri Miles Challenge” »
- Provost's Faculty Showcase Opens 2014-2015 Performance Season »
- The Crossing Technology Infrastructure, Selmo Park Among Board Action Items »
- First-day Data Shows Fourth Consecutive Record Enrollment »
- Lutz Fuels Desire for PR Career as Fan Reporter »
- News Archive »
Whitney Martens' experience in the State Farm Marketing and Sales Competition led her to an internship opportunity. Read more...
Faculty and Staff
Lutz Gets Rare Inside Look at Auto Racing as "Fan Reporter"
For a student who hopes to work in the automotive racing industry, Brooklyn Lutz had the opportunity of a lifetime this summer. The UCM senior public relations major from Yorkton, Saskatchewan, Canada, was selected as a "Fan Reporter" by ZF Motorsports during the Tudor United SportsCar Championship in June at Watkins Glen International in New York.
Lutz learned about the opportunity through Adam Horn, one of her UCM PR professors who also works for ZF Motorsports. To be chosen, she submitted a question that she got to ask Andy Lally, driver of #44 Magnus Racing Porsche, during an interview for the Motor Racing Network. She also met several other individuals who work in auto racing and the auto PR industry, as well as actor/driver Patrick Dempsey and the entire Porsche North American race team.
"I learned so much from this amazing experience," says Lutz, who is president of the UCM Student Public Relations Society of America. "I had the opportunity to speak with a former PR director of NASCAR, and she gave me some really good advice on how to make it in the auto racing industry."
Combined with hands-on PR learning opportunities at UCM, Lutz has fueled her interest in auto racing public relations while experiencing learning to a greater degree.
South East Complex Dedication Friday
Health & Wellness
Face-to-Face Coaching sessions available
New International Recruitment Video Promotes Worldly Perspective
Especially for Faculty
- Academic Affairs, Provost
- Banner How-To Information
- Blackboard Faculty Help Site
- Early Alert Form
- Enrollment Validation Procedures
- Faculty Guide
- Faculty Senate
- More ...
Especially for Staff
- Accounts Payable
- Directory of Administrative Offices
- Professional Staff Council
- Support Staff Council