To advocate that the policies and procedures
relating to the university's commitment to international education
are clearly established, defined, understood and implemented.
This would be addressed through the review
of policies and procedures concerning areas such as curriculum,
program planning, recruitment, scholarship, admissions, student
orientation, faculty/student exchange, alumni relations, residential
life, student services, organizations and fees as they are related
to international education. In addition, the committee should encourage
multi-cultural events and promote cultural awareness through utilization
of total university resources (students, faculty, staff, administration,
community, media, etc.).
II. POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATIONAL
Reports to Faculty Senate
A. Composition (16 members)
1. Eight faculty representatives (the
testing coordinator from the MA in
Teaching English as a Second
Language Program, one from the English Language Center (ELC) and
one from Modern Languages.
2. One staff representative
3. One student representative
4. One community representative
5. One representative from the
Provost's Advisory Committee (ex officio/non-voting)
6. Faculty representative from the Graduate
7. Director of International Students
and Scholar Services.(ex officio/non-voting)
8. Executive Director of International
Programs (ex officio/non-voting)
9. Director of International Admissions
1. At-large faculty representatives nominated
by Faculty Senate Committee on Committees and confirmed by the
2. Staff representative appointed by
Professional Staff Council
3. One international student representative
recommended by the International Student Organization and appointed
by the International Student Adviser
4. One community representative selected
by the committee
5. Representative from the Provost's
Advisory Committee selected by that committee
6. Faculty representative from Graduate
Council selected by the Graduate Council
C. Selection of Chair
Previous years vice-chair becomes chair.
Vice-chair is selected
from second-year faculty members.
D. Term of Service
Three Years (staggered).
Students serve one-year terms.
After serving for two consecutive
terms, a member will be ineligible to serve for a period of one
year. Exceptions may be made by the Faculty Senate
Committee on Committees or the Faculty Senate Elections
The committee chair is responsible for
creating and maintaining a Procedures Manual, a copy to be kept
in the Faculty Senate Office.
Meets monthly or as needed.
Does not meet in summer.