- Ways to Give
- How Your Gifts Help
- Faculty & Staff
- Gift Societies
- Donor Services
- Foundation News
- About the Foundation
Convenient, Easy, Informative
Visit our new planned giving web site for helpful features such as:
- online wills planner
- gift attorneys
- personal planner
- personal gift illustrations
- Washington and financial news
How We Are Organized
Although UCM is a state institution, the university receives less than half of its funding from state appropriations. The foundation was incorporated in 1979 to help the university meet its needs beyond the base funding provided by the state of Missouri.
A nonprofit Internal Revenue Code 501 (c)(3) organization, the UCM Foundation is independent of the University of Central Missouri. It is led by a volunteer board of directors that elects its own officers and appoints new members. It is managed through official bylaws set by the board. Its executive director is the UCM vice president for alumni relations and development. Ex-officio members are the university's president and a representative of the Board of Governors.
The foundation is located on campus in the Elliott Student Union Smiser Alumni Center at the corner of Holden and Clark streets. Parking is available on Holden Street or at the visitors' lot south of the facility.
Central Missouri acknowledges the UCM Foundation as the preferred channel for private contributions to the university. Development staff members work with alumni and friends to raise funds for scholarships, academic programs, facilities, equipment, professorships, leadership awards, research projects and many other university priorities.
Recent Gifts Helping UCM Students
- $100 for Campus Cupboard
- $500 for modern languages
- $1,000 for Fund for Excellence
- $77,761 for mathematics scholarship
- $10,000 for Mules Football Locker Room Project
- $10,000 for scholarship endowment
- $20 monthly staff pledge for graphic design scholarship
- $1,935 gift-in-kind for theatre and dance fund
- $8,358 stock gift for scholarships
- $35 online credit card gift for KMOS programming