- Ways to Give
- How Your Gifts Help
- Faculty & Staff
- Gift Societies
- Donor Services
- Foundation News
- About the Foundation
Convenient, Easy, Informative
Visit our new planned giving web site for helpful features such as:
- online wills planner
- gift attorneys
- personal planner
- personal gift illustrations
- Washington and financial news
Meet Dalene Abner
For Dalene Abner, director of development communication, indulging her passion for crisp, creative and simple writing keeps her job enjoyable.
A graduate of Wichita State University, Dalene became an award-winning reporter and editor in Kansas before switching careers to public relations. She transitioned into higher education as a writer at Wichita State, followed by Purdue University and the Iowa State University Foundation, where the communications program she developed was recognized as a national model by the Council for Advancement and Support of Education.
She came to work for UCM in 2000, helping to develop the university’s visual identity and brand marketing strategy. Dalene, who earned her master's degree from UCM in 2009, was "Today" editor for 11 years, transitioning it from a newsletter to a magazine before she became responsible for all alumni and development external communications.
She is known nationally as a long-time host and judge of the CASE international communication competition. Originally from Valley Center, Kan., Dalene loves to read historical romances, cook and play games of chance.
Recent Gifts Helping UCM Students
- $100 for Campus Cupboard
- $500 for modern languages
- $1,000 for Fund for Excellence
- $77,761 for mathematics scholarship
- $10,000 for Mules Football Locker Room Project
- $10,000 for scholarship endowment
- $20 monthly staff pledge for graphic design scholarship
- $1,935 gift-in-kind for theatre and dance fund
- $8,358 stock gift for scholarships
- $35 online credit card gift for KMOS programming