Recently Admitted Students
Welcome to the University of Central Missouri!
Starting college can be exciting and surprisingly easy. At UCM, we want to make sure you get off to a good start both in and out of the classroom. There are a variety of programs, people and services offered to optimize your success. We're looking forward to welcoming you to UCM in the fall, and to seeing you on campus.
Now that you've been admitted, there are a few things you'll need to do to officially enroll and prepare for UCM. Follow these steps and you'll be all set for the start of classes.
- Visit Campus if you have not already done so. This is the best way to make sure UCM is a good fit for you and begin learning more about academic programs and resources available to help you succeed.
- Apply for housing. This is the first step we encourage all admitted students to take, even if you're not positive you're going to attend UCM. Shortly after you are admitted, you will receive information regarding housing options at UCM.
- Apply to The Honors College. (To be eligible, students must have a 25 or higher ACT and 3.5 or higher GPA). The priority date for application is April 1st.
- Apply for financial aid, if you haven't already. You'll need to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) after January 1, but before April 1, to be considered for need-based aid and many of UCM’s scholarship programs. Our school code is 002454.
- Keep up the good work. To maintain your status as an admitted student, you’ll need to successfully complete the high school course work (or final term for transfer students) listed on your application, maintain your solid academic performance, and demonstrate continuing academic integrity.
- Consider signing up to participate in a learning community. Learning communities are a great way to meet people, develop study groups and engage academically your first semester.
- Submit your immunization information. All students must complete the immunization compliance form and submit it to the Health Center prior to the first day of classes.
- Confirm Your Attendance. For freshmen entering in the fall semester, confirmation holds your place in the incoming class and is due by May 1 (or within three weeks of the admission decision if you are admitted in mid-April or later).
- Attend First Year Orientation
- Have your high school send final transcript to the Office of Admissions.
- Find a Part Time Job
- Look for information about AlcoholEdu to be sent to your student e-mail account in July.
- Determine how much you owe and pay your bill. UCM does not drop students for non-payment. If you registered for an orientation program and have subsequently changed your plans, please contact the Admissions Office.
- Prepare to move into your residence hall.
- Participate in our Week of Welcome events.
- Get ready for your first day of classes!
If you are an admitted international student, your enrollment process varies slightly from that of our domestic students. You will receive detailed information explaining your next steps along with your letter of admission. If you have questions, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.