Gateway Advising and Major Exploration Center
Academic Advising is a key component to your success at UCM. Your Academic Advisor is available to personally assist you with the achievement of your educational goals. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Declaring and/or changing your major, minor, etc. and strategically developing a degree completion plan
- Enrolling in the appropriate courses for the upcoming semester consistent with your degree completion plan
- Making adjustments to your plan, such as adding/dropping courses during the semester
- Referral to campus resources designed to specifically meet your student needs
Who Is Your Academic Advisor?
Your current Academic Advisor is listed, along with their contact information, on your MyCentral Homepage in the right-hand column under the heading, “Academic Profile.” To assist you in planning, you will want to keep a few things in mind:
- If you would like their personal assistance, you will want to make an appointment as soon as possible. Academic Advisor calendars are often booked well in advance.
- Each student is assigned an “Enrollment Access Date” based on credit hours earned. Note: This does not include credit hours you are currently enrolled in.
- We highly recommend you enroll as early as possible on your assigned access date. With nearly 12,000 students enrolling in classes, waiting to enroll could result in hundreds of students enrolling ahead of you.