Skip to Main Navigation | Skip to Content

Commencement graphic
The Crossing Groundbreaking
request information apply graduate assistantships
commencement information


Graduate School Appeals

A student may appeal a decision related to any policy stated in the Graduate Catalog. The appeal begins by completing a Petition to Graduate Studies. The Petition is reviewed by the Graduate Dean. If the student is not satisfied with the appeal decision, the Petition plus any additional information is again reviewed by the Graduate Dean. If the decision is the same, the student may request the Petition be forwarded to the Graduate Council for review. The decision of the Graduate Council is final.

Students who have exhausted all informal and formal institutional processes to resolve disputes may file a complaint with the Missouri Department of Higher Education.  Their process for filing complaints may be viewed at:

Individuals who have a complaint related to the University of Central Missouri’s ongoing ability to meet the criteria of accreditation may contact the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools’ Higher Learning Commission.  Instructions for filing a complaint may be viewed at: