Heather Wagner Stephens
Ten years experience in project management of consumer product goods packaging from design through final print across various print methods, set apart by my thorough knowledge of the manufacturing process and how it impacts packaging development and timeline.
Specialties: Project Management, Project Strategy, Budget Development, Packaging Development Process, Prepress Production, Package Labeling Compliance, SOP development, Data Asset Management, Proofreading, and Offset, Flexographic, and Rotogravure Printing.
Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills.
Proficient on Mac and PC platforms and in Adobe and Microsoft Office software applications.
Organized, detail-oriented, proactive, motivated, team player, thrive in fast-paced environment
July 2012 - Present, San Franciso, CA
September 2010 - July 2012, San Francisco, CA
- Manage production of all consumer-packaging projects from development of production strategies, timelines, and budgets through final print review, supporting the brand team with packaging process expertise.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the availability of all packaging elements against timeline.
- Traffic packaging files through internal and external cross-functional teams to guarantee packaging accuracy.
- Facilitate pre-production meetings, providing color and prepress direction to suppliers resulting in optimal print reproduction.
- Assist Senior Production Manager in on-going analysis and modification of packaging production processes with the goal of continuous process development, quality improvements, and cost savings.
- Support procurement and R&D teams in the qualification of new print vendors, printing specs, ink drawdown approval, print test, and on-going press reviews.
- Participate in assessment and initial testing of new digital asset management site while maintaining current digital library system.
April 2008 - May 2010, Saint Louis, MO
- Managed department workload by prioritizing projects and realigning resources as needed and provided mentoring and support to the Packaging Project Managers in file troubleshooting, color management, pre-press concerns, and billing opportunities.
- Established departmental strategies for executing reformulations, package resizes, product introductions, and marketing promotion projects from planning through print and represented Graphics Department in cross-department project status meetings.
- Worked with Regulatory Council in managing the nutritional labeling process on new products, reformulations, and retailer specific requests to ensure labeling accuracy.
- Developed and managed artwork strategies and budget for key high profile domestic and international retailers encompassing design, photography, color management, and pre-press for the introduction of new products, redesigns, and reformulations, promotions within established timelines and budgets.
- Proofread all artwork to certify compliance with printing specifications and FDA regulations while consulting legal counsel on trade dress concerns and communicating learnings to Creative Services Department.
- Supported Purchasing Department in print bids through analyzing RFP data against print requirements and attended qualification press runs in review of printing, equipment, support personnel, and QA processes; and provided recommendations to finalize and award print business.
- Led print improvement team in establishing print certification process by working collectively with print and prepress vendors in establishing tolerances and SOPs for ink, substrate, equipment calibration, and press profiles. Monitoring on-going print quality and monthly press data, confirmed significant reduction in print issues.
- Managed department workflow SOPs, benchmarking process improvements and opportunities to support continuous process improvement.
October 2003 - April 2008, Saint Louis, MO
- Developed and managed artwork strategies for graphic projects encompassing design, photography, color management, pre-press, and print for the introduction of new products, redesigns, reformulations, and promotions within established timelines and budgets for domestic and international retailers.
- Traffic projects through creative, prepress, sales, marketing, regulatory departments and to client for final approval.
- Managed and maintained client information and elements on data asset management website.
- Assisted designers with software applications and prepress print specification questions and conducted pre-pro meetings with prepress and printers as necessary.
- Supported sales and marketing promotion initiatives from idea conception through final print including on-pack promotions, coupon programs, in-store demonstration materials, and shipper displays.
January 2001 - October 2003, Saint Louis, MO
- Preflighted, strategized, and estimated prepress projects, tracking resources used to ensure profitability by completing labor/profit reports and supported the prepress production department including: scheduling, technical writing, file troubleshooting, and communicating priorities to management.
- Collaborated with offset and flexographic printers in pre-pro meetings to troubleshoot complicated files to guarantee accurate print reproduction.