9:00 a.m. - Saturday, Oct. 25, 2008
Warrensburg Community and UCM Campus
A UCM Tradition Continues
The parade will start at 9:00 a.m. at the intersection of Holden and Clark streets. The route runs north on Holden Street through campus toward downtown Warrensburg. The parade route turns right and east onto Gay Street until College Street. Once on College Street, the route heads south until it reaches South Street. The band and parade judges will be positioned on the west side of Holden Street in the lawn of the Johnson County Courthouse.
- All competitive entries must have an entry slogan that depicts the Homecoming theme, the Mules football, University, alumni, etc.
- All entries are required to provide & display an appropriate sign or banner to identify the entry and sponsoring organization.
- No political notices, signs or announcements allowed, unless you are sponsored by a campus organization representing similar interests.
- Driver's vision must not be impaired.
- Candy, MUST NOT be thrown from vehicles. Please provide a walker to hand the candy out. This will prevent small children from running in front of vehicles.
- People must not be enclosed without an adequate escape route.
- Entries must complete the entire parade route as they started or be disqualified. Groups causing undue delays or gaps in the parade will be disqualified.
- Floats more than 14 feet high will not clear overhead cables.
- Information concerning line-up will be mailed Monday, Oct. 20. If you have not received the information by Thursday, Oct. 23, contact the Office of Campus Activities.
- Entries will be disqualified for use of profanity, vulgarity or any inappropriate messages or images.
- Trophies will be presented at the football game.