- Information for Employees
- Retirement Information
- Employee Benefits
- Jobs Available at UCM
- Mules4Hire (student jobs)
202 Position Classification
Approval: Approved by the President January 1, 2005
Authority: Board of Governors Policy 1.2.040
Responsibility: Director of Human Resources
Purpose: The Central Job System functions to achieve University of Central Missouri goals and strategies to:
- Ensure a fair, sound, and systematic approach to wage and salary administration;
- Achieve internal equity, external competitiveness, and equal employment opportunity; and
- Attract, retain, and motivate employees.
The CJS is a work comparison system that evaluates positions based on points assigned for each of three criteria: knowledge, complexity, and accountability.
An accurate position description will be the basis for classification and compensation decisions.
All staff positions, except those exempted by the President, will be classified and compensated through the CJS.
An appeals process will be available for employees to request a re-evaluation of their classification and/or FLSA status. Decisions of the President are final.
A change in a position description does not necessarily mean the position will be reclassified.
A reclassification does not necessarily mean a change in compensation.