Last reviewed: 11/1/2006
Mapping a Drive on Windows XP
1. Open My Computer.
2. Click Tools → Map Network Drive.
3. In the box that appears:
- Select Y in the "Drive" drop-down list. If Y is not available,
select a different letter. If you select a different letter, use that drive
when the "Y" drive is referred to.
- Type \\faculty\facultywebs in the "Path" box. (It is labeled
"Folder"" for Windows 2000 users.)
- Select the Reconnect at Logon check box.
- Click Finish. The share has been mapped as your Y drive and will appear in your "My Computer" list.