The Institute for Rural Emergency Management
- About IREM
- IREM Project Areas
- Rural Emergency Management Resources
- Crisis and Disaster Management Degree
- International Emergency Management Student Association
Emergency Management Best Practices
- Urban to Rural Evacuation Planning Toolkit
- Emergency Management: Education and Training, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Emergency Preparedness Initiative, National Organization on Disability
- Gender and Disaster Sourcebook, Gender and Disaster Network
- Comprehensive Emergency Management Research Network
- Emergency Planning Guide for Child-Serving Organizations
- Handbook for EMS Medical Directors, March 2012, FEMA
- Anhydrous Ammonia Safety Recommendation, National Transportation Safety Board
Emergency Preparedness Bulletins
Bulletin Information Sheet and Church Bulletin Insert Info Page
January: Winter Hazards
July: Heat Awareness
August: Drought and Dehydration
September: National Preparedness Month
October: Fire Safety Month
December: Home Fire
Family Emergency Plan
Articles and Presentations
Brennan, M. A., and Courtney G. Flint. 2007. Uncovering the Hidden Dimensions of Rural Disaster Mitigation: Capacity Building Through Community Emergency Response Teams. Southern Rural Sociology 22(2): 111-126. [Accessed April 16, 2009].
Flint, Courtney, and Mark Brennan. 2006. Community Emergency Response Teams: From Disaster Responders to Community Builders. Rural Realities 1(3). [Accessed August 31, 2009].
Hartle, Jeffery, and Dianna Bryant. 2012. Campground Emergency Preparedness: A Social Wildland-Urban Interface. National Fire Protection Associaton presentation. [Accessed September 25, 2012].
Hartle, Jeffery, and Dianna Bryant. 2012. Rural Campgrounds and Vulnerability: A Social Wildland-Urban Interface (poster)
Meit, Michael, Thomas Briggs, and Alene Kennedy. 2008. Urban to Rural Evacuation: Planning for Rural Population Surge. Bethesda: MD: Walsh Center for Rural Health Analysis. [Accessed April 16, 2009].
Saenz, Rogelio, and Walter G. Peacock. 2006. Rural People, Rural Places: The Hidden Costs of Hurricane Katrina. Rural Realities 1(2). [Accessed August 31, 2009].
United States Department of Agriculture. 2008. Rural Homeland Security Resources for Local Officals. [Accessed April 16, 2009].