- General Program Information
- Kodaly Certification Requirements
- Summer Kodaly Program
- Student Resources
- Key Contacts
- Join Our Mailing List
Take a look at UCM's beautiful campus and facilities with our campus map & tour.
Whether you plan to complete a Master of Arts degree with emphasis in Kodaly Music Education, or just want to be a better music educator, the Kodaly Summer Institute has the right track for you.
- Master of Arts degree program
- As a stand alone certificate
Option I: Master of Arts Degree
- Leads to the Master of Arts degree with an emphasis in Kodaly Music Education. To receive the degree, each participant must complete a final project and interview.
This will consist of the
three-summer sequence of Kodaly and additional coursework (the other courses can
also be taken in the summers, or in the evening during the academic year).
Contact Dr. Frank Fenley for information about the coursework necessary to
complete this degree program. (firstname.lastname@example.org
Option II: Kodaly Certification without the Masters Degree
- (workshop only; non-credit) is designed for those who have already completed their educational degrees, and want to take the coursework to be better prepared as Kodaly music educators.
If you have a Masters Degree, or do not want to pursue a Masters degree at
this time, you may take the coursework for credit without having it apply to
your degree. Contact Dr. Carla Maltas (email@example.com or 660-543-4160) for more
information about this option.
The University of Central Missouri's Kodaly Certification Program has received Endorsement from the National Level. This means that the program adheres to the highest standards in Kodaly Music Education as outlined by the Organization of American Kodaly Educators (OAKE).