Science and Health
Bachelor of Science Degree
UCM's Sport Management program meets industry demands and exceeds the expectations of students. The degree puts emphasis on effective and successful sport management principles paired with real-world experiences to prepare you for a successful career.
Why Choose Sport Management at UCM?
- You'll have the opportunity to work with sport organizations or interact with agency representatives, which will facilitate professional networking.
- Sport Management opportunities are available through UCM's study abroad program in New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
- UCM is close to many sport management agencies and practicing professionals.
What will I study?
Sport Management will give you an awareness of administering sport and recreational programs for many populations, provide you with techniques of successful leadership styles in sports organizations and give you the knowledge of legal concepts applied to sports management.
- Leisure, Sports and Tourism
- Sports and Media
- Managing Sporting Events
- Sports Leadership
What can I do with a degree in Sport Management?
- Athletic Director
- Event Coordinator
- Special Events Director
- Team Marketing/Promotions Assistant
- Sports Agent
How can I get involved outside the classroom?
At UCM, we value engaging learning experiences that include student involvement and service-learning projects.
In Sport Management, there are several involvement opportunities:
- American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- North American Society for Sports Management
- American Management Association
- Alliance for Nonprofit Management
About our Faculty:
The student to faculty ratio at UCM is 17 to 1, which allows professors to get to know students and provide personalized attention.
Sport Management faculty members provide you with personal attention so that you not only enjoy the educational journey, but also will advance you toward a meaningful career.
Learn more about Sports Management at UCM.