to the UCM Bands website!
GREETINGS to all new and returning Marching Mules members! The approaching season is bound to be yet another tremendous campaign for this program, with another infusion of terrific new talent, a fantastic core of returning musicians, and an outstanding line up of new staff and student leaders! Please make sure to follow the steps below so that you are fully prepared when you arrive on campus for Preseason Camp.
1. Read and print the Performance Schedule. The Season Calendar (enter UCMOband as the School Code) includes a complete listing of all mandatory rehearsals, games. and mandatory pep rallies. (As a general rule, there are no Friday rehearsals except for on the Friday prior to the Festival of Champions).
Preseason Camp Schedule - Includes early move-in times; events and times for Tuesday, August 12, 2014 – Monday, August 18, 2014 (staff & team leaders will begin on Tuesday evening, August 12; Guard & Percussion will begin on Wednesday, August 13; Full Band will report on Friday, August 15).
3. To qualify for Early Move-in, students must be enrolled for Marching Band (MUS 1005), for 1 semester hour, and complete the on line Marching Mules Registration Form (requires login with your UCM ID & password). Once students have registered with the marching band, we take care of the rest! We provide University Housing with a list of all students moving in either on Tuesday, August 12 (Staff & Team Leaders), Wednesday, August 13 (Drumline, Front Line Percussion, and Color Guard) or on Friday, August 15 (all others). Housing will prepare room keys and any additional materials for students.
4. Read the Uniform information in the
handbook. Students must pay for uniform accessories during Preseason Camp Registration. Please note that students will be responsible for the following items this year:
The following are available for purchase at Preseason Camp
Marching Mules Tee-shirt - $30.00
BLACK Marching Shoes - $35.00
BLACK gloves (Wind players only) - $7.00
Black music flip folder (Wind players only) - $10.00
Uniform Cleaning fee (every student) - $15.00
Students must purchase their own lyre before Preseason Camp
Lyre (Wind players only)
Information will also come by mail/e-mail about optional orders for additional accessories, such as
Marching Mules Water Jugs
Marching Mules Drawstring Bags
Marching Mules Pullovers
5 . Read the Marching Mules Handbook. This is the course syllabus for MUS 1005. Many of the policies and student responsibilities will be discussed and clarified during Preseason Camp. However, it is the responsibility of every student to be familiar with the entire student handbook.
6. REGISTER! Every student, regardless of returning, new, or staff, will need to register using the Marching Mules online registration form (requires UCM ID & Password to login). Completing the online form allows us to do the following:
• Process Service Awards before students arrive on campus!
• Guarantee early move-in for students in residence halls!
• Arrange tee-shirt sizes for Preseason Camp!
In an effort to reduce printing and postage expenses, students will be required to obtain a great deal of information from the Athletic Bands web site: Athletic Bands. Please check the site regularly for updates. Music downloads will also be available (password protected) through the athletic bands web pages.
Thank you for taking the time to follow the process outlined above and for registering online!
Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!
The Marching Mules Staff
Dr. Scott Lubaroff - Director of Bands
Dr. Ernest Jennings - Assistant Director of Bands
Dr. Michael J. Sekelsky – Bands/Percussion, Festival of Champions Coordinator