JACK J ISGUR SCHOLARSHIPS
Open to residents of Missouri who are enrolled at a 4-year college or university.
- Applicants must be majoring in education with the goal of teaching the humanities (e.g., literature, dance, fine arts, music, art, and poetry) at the elementary or middle school level following graduation.
- Preference is given to students entering their junior year of college and,
- Planning to teach in rural school districts in Missouri, rather than metropolitan districts.
The application process includes brief essays on the following topics:
1) work and life experiences indicating an interest in teaching subjects in the humanities to grade school and middle school students in Missouri upon graduation;
2) other activities (organizations to which they belong, hobbies, volunteer work) and their interest in them;
3) the 3 books that have most influenced them and why; and
4) their employment experiences.
*Tip: The pdf application form may be completed at your computer. The FREE Nitro PDF Reader allows users to save the pdf with data - so that the form may be updated or completed at a later date; Adobe Reader will not save the data - the form must be printed immediately after entering data.
2013 Music News
Dr. Eric Honour has composition selected for 2013 International Computer Music Conference read more...
Sarah Kliethermes receives Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies Scholarship read more...
Dr. Michael Sekelsky named recipient of UCM Foundation Opportunity Grant read more...
Archived Music News
McIntire and Honour collaborate on CD project read more...
Keely Abeln (O'Hara) receives national teaching honor read more...
UCM Piano students receive honors at 2012 MMTA Competition read more...