- Undergraduate Degree Programs
- Graduate Degree Programs
- Prospective Student Resources
- Faculty & Staff
- Current Student Resources
- Calendar & Special Events
- Community Music Program
- Music Alumni
- Getting to UCM
- About Us
For Prospective Students
What can I do with a Major in Music?
Ever wonder about the career opportunities available for musicians? read more...
Why study music at UCM?
- Quality faculty: You will work and study with a great
number of the faculty at any institution. At UCM, you will be impressed with
the interest the each UCM faculty member takes in the individual student.
- Supportive students: The students here are truly
interested in their own success and the success of their peers. They will
take an active interest in you, and help you to learn and grow. This is a
great thing, because these same students will be your colleagues in the
- Scholarship money: We are proud of the support we
receive from scholarship donors and the UCM administration to assist music
students with their academic studies. We look forward to hearing your
- Size of program: This size of program is perfect for the study of music. It is big enough to provide you with many student colleagues, and a variety of faculty, but also small enough that you will have sufficient performing opportunities to provide you with the greatest success as a musician.
Admission to Music and Scholarship Auditions
- New students complete only the Application to Music/Scholarship Audition on-line form, which makes students eligible for any Foundation Scholarships for which they meet the specific criteria. ...read more
Resources for Prospective Music Majors
- Majoring in Music: All the Stuff You Need To Know (by Rich Holly)
- The Savvy Musician: Building a Career, Earning A Living & Making A Difference (by David Cutler)
- Great Jobs for Music Majors (by Jan Goldberg)
100 Careers in the Music Business (by Tanya Crouch)
2013 Music News
Dr. Eric Honour has composition selected for 2013 International Computer Music Conference read more...
Sarah Kliethermes receives Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies Scholarship read more...
Dr. Michael Sekelsky named recipient of UCM Foundation Opportunity Grant read more...
Archived Music News
McIntire and Honour collaborate on CD project read more...
Keely Abeln (O'Hara) receives national teaching honor read more...
UCM Piano students receive honors at 2012 MMTA Competition read more...