- Undergraduate Degree Programs
- Graduate Degree Programs
- Prospective Student Resources
- Faculty & Staff
- Current Student Resources
- Calendar & Special Events
- Community Music Program
- Music Alumni
- Getting to UCM
- About Us
Scholarships and Application for Music Degrees
Please contact the applied faculty member in your area for more detailed information. The links below will take you to specific information for your instrument or voice:
- Singing two songs from the classical music repertoire (show tunes
and popular music are not appropriate for admissions/scholarship auditions) before the
- should be memorized
- singers must furnish their own accompanist
- one of the pieces must be in a foreign language (typically, Italian, German, French, or Spanish)
- Sing scales and vocalise to demonstrate range
- Tonal memory and reading skills will also be tested
The songs should be similar to those sung for District Music Festival (click: "PML" in the menu list).
- Prepared solo(s) or etude(s)
- accompaniment is optional
- memorization is not a requirement
- Major scales (through four sharps and four flats - all instruments except violin, viola, cello, and double bass must perform scales)
- Sight reading (all instruments except violin, viola, cello, and double bass must sightread)
Percussion: Please see audition information detailed on UCMpercussion page.
Literature one would perform for District Music Festival (click: "PML" in the menu list) would be very appropriate for the audition. Woodwind,
Brass, and Percussion materials used for the
Missouri All-State Band Auditions would also be appropriate. Please contact
applied instructor in your area for specific audition length and details. Students are encouraged to select literature which best reflects their musicianship and performance skills.
Be sure and read about our ADMISSION POLICY for the Department of Music.
2013 Music News
Dr. Eric Honour has composition selected for 2013 International Computer Music Conference read more...
Sarah Kliethermes receives Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies Scholarship read more...
Dr. Michael Sekelsky named recipient of UCM Foundation Opportunity Grant read more...
Archived Music News
McIntire and Honour collaborate on CD project read more...
Keely Abeln (O'Hara) receives national teaching honor read more...
UCM Piano students receive honors at 2012 MMTA Competition read more...