- Undergraduate Degree Programs
- Graduate Degree Programs
- Prospective Student Resources
- Faculty & Staff
- Current Student Resources
- Calendar & Special Events
- Community Music Program
- Music Alumni
- Getting to UCM
- About Us
Scholarships and Application for Music Degrees
Music Scholarships and Music Degree Auditions
University of Central Missouri
Apply for admission to UCM.
- Priority consideration for Red & Black Scholarships is given to students who apply before December 1.
- Consideration will be given to students after December 1, as long as scholarship funds remain.
Apply/Register for a Music Degree and/or Scholarship Audition.
- Every student auditioning is considered for a music Scholarship.
- Students interested in majoring or minoring in music, are also considered for music admission.
- The application form includes an option to indicate interest in a marching band only audition.
Color Guard and
Drumline auditions are held in the late spring each year, separate from
the Admission / Scholarship Audition process.
- The departmental preference is for future students to
audition on campus during the following date:
- Saturday, February 16, 2013
- Second preference - Monday, February 18, 2013
- Fall Audition date 2012: November 9
- Additional audition opportunities:
- On line audition (using Skype or similar web cast technology)
- By appointment
- For off campus opportunities - please contact one of the area coordinators listed below.
Prepare for the Admission / Scholarship Audition
Students applying for admission to music degrees, should read the Department of Music Admissions policy information and prepare for the Music Fundamentals Examination.
- The Music Fundamentals Examination will be administered during the student's audition visit.
Contact the applied instructor in your primary area of interest.
- In most cases, the applied instructor will serve as your primary music advisor.
- Applied instructors can answer specific questions regarding appropriate audition literature, the Music Fundamentals Examination, marching band specific questions, and ensemble audition schedules.
- If you are unsure of the
instructor for your specific area, please feel free to contact one of
the area coordinators listed below:
Keyboard: Dr. Mia Hynes
Strings: Dr. John Rutland
Voice: Dr. Alan Zabriskie
Woodwinds, Brass, and Percussion: Dr. Michael Sekelsky
Additional Scholarships in Music
- Includes new and returning students
- Requires an application process
- Some scholarships require an audition
- Some endowed scholarhips are available to specific student demographics
- Year in school
- Degree program
For additional information, please contact:
The Music Department Office:
2013 Music News
Dr. Eric Honour has composition selected for 2013 International Computer Music Conference read more...
Sarah Kliethermes receives Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies Scholarship read more...
Dr. Michael Sekelsky named recipient of UCM Foundation Opportunity Grant read more...
Archived Music News
McIntire and Honour collaborate on CD project read more...
Keely Abeln (O'Hara) receives national teaching honor read more...
UCM Piano students receive honors at 2012 MMTA Competition read more...