UCM Dance Company Presents 'Dancing with the Professors'
Contact Mike Greife
WARRENSBURG, MO (April 24, 2012) –The UCM Dance Company presents "Dancing with the Professors," its inaugural spring fundraiser, at 7:30 p.m. Sunday April 29 in the Highlander Theatre.
The evening of various ballroom and popular dance features an ensemble of six faculty members paired with six student dancers from the UCM Dance Company, including:
- Eugene Stillman, student advocate in the Office of Community Engagement, paired with Kinsey Parker
- Chuck Clemens, Mules assistant football coach, dancing with Annie Beile
- Dana Chaffin, academic advisor for the Office of Transfer and Transitional Services, dancing with Kalob Cunningham
- Steven Boone, associate dean of College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences, paired with Natasha Parsons
- Mary Kelly, association professor of sociology and director of the Center for Women’s and Gender Studies, dancing with Diallo Simms; and
- Wendy Geiger, associate professor of communications, dancing with Devin Burns.
Judges include Ashley Miller, assistant professor of dance; UCM President Chuck Ambrose; Gersham Nelson, dean of the College of Arts Humanities and Social Sciences; Beth Rutt, director of sStudent Activities; JaNomia Smith, graduate assistant in the Office of Community Engagement; and Darryl Glenn, Graduate assistant in the Student Recreation and Wellness Center.
Choreography is by the UCM Dance Company’s executive board and members amd will include original works and disco, foxtrot, waltz, tango, salsa, cha cha, East and West coast swing, country line dance, street jazz and hip hop.
Admission is $5 at the door. The proceeds from the event will benefit the UCM Foundation and the UCM Dance Company. For more information, call the Department of Theatre and Dance at 660-543-4020.