UCM Dance Club Presents "Dancing with the Professors"
Contact: Mike Greife
WARRENSBURG, MO (April 1, 2014) - The UCM Dance Club will present Dancing with the Professors at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, April 13, in the James L. Highlander Theatre.
The club's annual fundraiser, Dancing with the Professors is an evening of various ballroom and popular dance styles performed by UCM students and faculty. The event is choreographed by UCM students, danced by some of UCM’s bravest faculty, and judged by selected UCM faculty and staff, and audience members.
Dancing with the Professors showcases an ensemble of five couples of student-faculty dancers. The competing couples are:
- Allison Robbins, assistant professor of music, and Dashawn Young, a musical theatre major
- Richard Herman, chair of the Department of Theatre and Dance, and Nellie Maple, a theatre performance major
- Caitlin Pankratz, assistant Jennies volleyball coach, and Daniel Parman, a musical theatre major
- Starlynn Nance, social studies coordinator in the Department of History and Anthropology, and Arista Fleming, a theatre performance major
- Lee Hartman, adjunct professor of music, and Ashley Coffer, a musical theatre major
The evening will provide entertainment on the dance floor with original works including styles of jive, tap, lyrical, paso doble, contemporary, salsa, waltz, samba, hip-hop, and musical theatre dances.
The judging panel includes judges Ashley Miller, assistant professor of dance; Gersham Nelson, dean of the College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; and Beth Rutt, director of student activities.
Tickets are $5 and can be purchased at the door. The proceeds from the event will benefit UCM Dance Club through the UCM Foundation.
For more information, contact the UCM Department of Theatre and Dance at 660-543-4020.